I received a call from Carson's teacher today....Hmmm....not usually a good thing, at least from my experience. Especially, when the call comes in on a Sunday.
She just wanted to check in and tell us that Carson was doing well, especially in Math. In fact, he is helping teach others and has been identified (at least at this point) as strong in Math. She asked if he told us or not......."That would be 'certainly not'." The little guy tells us about how many goals he scored on the 2nd graders at recess, and if the hot dog bun was soggy at lunch. Not so much said about doing well in school.
So, I asked him about it. Really, all I could get out of him is that Math is 'harder than in Kindergarten but it's still pretty easy.'
I had to tell him how proud I was of him because Tara and I always tell him school is sooooo....important. Great job, Carson.
His teacher also told us one little tidbit that was almost verbatim of what his Kindergarten teacher told us.......Carson has a great sense of humor. He apparently gets all of the mature humor that both teachers have thrown out to the class, and it sounds like he is the only one!
I don't quite know what that means. Are we letting him watch too much t.v.? Are we treating him more like a 10 year old than a 6 year old? Is he going to be another 'Larry the Cable Guy'? Who the heck knows, but he sure is a little character.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
The Phone Call
Posted by The Stilles at 2:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Grandma says "Way to go, Carson" !!!
Post a Comment