Okay, you probably had to be there on this one but I have to post it......
Have any of you out there ever been to the Lincoln Zoo when they have the 'seal show?' They basically have two harbor seals that perform different 'tricks' and assorted stuff while the zoo keeper or trainer explains a bit about the animal. Several times during the show, the trainer uses some device that makes a loud 'click click' noise and requires the seal to touch its nose to the trainers fist and, if successful, gets a treat (fish).
I'm walking down the stairs this morning and hear Carson 'click click'ing in the dining room. As I make it downstairs, I see Echo and Ginger taking turns touching their nose to Carson's fist and get rewarded with a treat (not a fish). I asked Carson if he was training the dogs. He said that he was, just like they do with the seals at the zoo.
Observant and creative kid. And he has the dogs listening to him better than they listen to me.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Training Our Seals
Posted by The Stilles at 3:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment